Sunday 16 January 2011

Struggling with wisteria

The front of my Art Nouveau house looks empty. I thought it wise to add some life there. And what's better for a welcoming entry than some climbing plants. I love wisteria, but that's not the easiest one to make. I began with a nice kit I bought at the Kensington Dollhouse Festival. But kits are usually to small, with not enough wire for the surrounding of the door, not enough petals to make the flowers [ and a grown up wisteria has a lot of flowers ], not the appropriate colour, paper too heavy for those flowers. I'm not satisfied with my plants and there begins the struggle ... how to achieve a more realistic look ! I'm still browsing the  web for any kind of picture and any kind of tutorial. I'm gluing confetti together to form a 8 shape and there are so many  flowers that it will surely keep me busy for the next two months.

3 comments:

  1. El trabajo será duro pero el resultado será excelente viendo sus trabajos anteriores. Me encantará ver muy pronto esas flores. Un saludo, Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonjour, c'est avec joie que je découvre votre deuxième blog. Je suivais déjà vos créations sur Humpty Dumpty, je suis une grande admiratrice de vos miniatures, j'adore la maison Garfield, sans parler des dragons azimutés et du bateau vaudou. Toujours une grande précision et un souci des détails, quel magnifique travail. Je suis impatiente de voir la suite ;)

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merci Marie,ce commentaire est vraiment très sympatique. Je vous "suis"aussi, sur votre blog bien sûr... et je regrette d'ailleurs que vous vous fassiez si rare.

    ReplyDelete