Wednesday 3 November 2010

The Killer Queen

I open this new blog with an old photo of my miniatures. About one year ago, I finished the antique distressed painting off a Bespaq sofa and chair, I had changed the fabric for and old "Marie Antoinette" flowery cotton. After watching, one more time, the movie about the same queen, by Sofia Coppola, I added the little shoes, made of the same fabric than the sofa. This is a Louis XV sofa, not a Louis XVI, but wathever... Later I placed the tray and the Champagne bottle in the setting , bought from Taller Targioni, and I finished dedicating the whole to another Queen.

Do you remember that old song by Queen ?
She keeps Moet et Chandon
In her pretty cabinet
'Let them eat cake' she says
Just like Marie Antoinette
A built-in remedy
For Khroutchev and Kennedy
At anytime an invitation
You can't decline

Caviar and cigarettes
Well versed in etiquette
Extraordinarily nice

Killer Queen by Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment